ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Late Breaking Abstract Submission is closed
ABSTRACTS SENT BY FAX, EMAIL OR POST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Authors are encouraged to read the submission guidelines, therefore the option to access the submission form is located at the end. Please note that if your abstract does not fully meet the guidelines, it will automatically be discarded without further notice
Both, Organising and Scientific Committees of the Congress, cordially invite participants involved in Nutrition Research to submit abstracts either for oral presentation or for poster presentation.
A. GENERAL CRITERIA
- Abstracts will only be accepted in English.
- At least one author must be registered in the Congress by JUNE 15, 2017.
- The number of authors is limited to 10 per abstract, including the main author or presenter.
- A person can be presenting author for a maximum of two abstracts.
- No abstract alteration can be made after APRIL 16, 2017 at 11.59 pm, Argentinian timeline.
- An e-mail address is compulsory in order to receive information about the submitted abstract.
- Authors are not permitted to submit an abstract on work that has previously been published. If additional data or research is added to a previously published work the abstract could be accepted.
- Authors must complete the disclosure section in the Abstract Submission Form.
- In submitting the abstract, the author also grants the IUNS 21st International Congress of Nutrition the right to publish abstracts in hard or electronic forms.
- It is the author's responsibility to submit a correct abstract; accepted abstracts will be reproduced as submitted, including possible errors.
- The author/s shall indicate the presentation format (oral or poster) of the submitted abstract. However, the Scientific Committee will decide over the final format.
- Abstract acceptance or rejection will be notified by e-mail not before MAY 15, 2017. Presentation criteria and other details will also be sent in that notification.
- The abstract will be submitted under the complete acceptance of all these criteria. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any abstract, if it does not meet these criteria.
B. ABSTRACT CONTENTS
1. The submitted abstract shall contain the following information:
- AUTHORS: Full names and surnames of all authors, as well as other data requested during the submission process. Affiliation details must be included correctly, respecting the following format: Degree (BSc, MSc, MD, PhD). Department. Institution. Country. (Please separate with dots, not with comas or hyphens). Example: Nutritionist. Centre Institute of Nutrition and Food Sciences. Technical University of Munich. Germany.
- TITLE: concise, 30 words maximum in sentence case (not in capital or lower case letters only). Please use only recognizable abbreviations.
The following aspects must be included:
- Background and objectives
- Keywords: 5 keywords maximum.
- Conflict of interest Disclosure (mandatory)
- Further collaborators (include further co-authors if they exceed the permitted number)
2. Text length in the abstract body (excluding title, authors' details, keywords, COI, etc.) shall not exceed 350 words.
3. Standardized abbreviations shall be used. When specific or unusual abbreviations are used, they shall appear in brackets after each complete term the first time they are used.
4. Review carefully the work before submission.
C. THEMATIC AREAS (TRACKS)
1. Abstracts will be gathered in thematic areas for assessment and scheduling.
2. Authors must state the THEMATIC AREA (TRACK) in which they wish to present their abstract at the time of submission.
3. The Scientific Committee will always try to respect the author's choice of thematic area. However, this is subject to changes in order to achieve a balanced scientific programme.
4. The thematic areas are:
Track 1: Advances in Nutrition Research
Track 2: Nutrition through Life Course
Track 3: Public Health Nutrition and Environment
Track 4: Nutrition and Management of Diseases
Track 5: Nutrients and Nutritional Assessment
Track 6: Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds
Track 7: Food culture practices and Nutritional Education
Track 8: Agriculture, Food Science and Safety
D. ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
All abstracts shall be submitted through the online form on the congress website, according to the above-mentioned criteria.
If you encounter any difficulties during the submission process or for further information regarding abstract submission via website, please contact the Technical Secretariat by e-mail indicating in the subject: IUNS ICN 2017.
E. PRESENTATION FORMAT
1. Presentation time: 8 minutes, plus 3 minutes for comments and discussion (in English).
2. Presentation: Windows PowerPoint Projection. The use of the Congress Official templates for Oral presentations is mandatory. It can be downloaded from the Scientific Area on the Congress Website.
3. Material: CD ROM or USB Memory. It must be submitted to the designated area (which shall be detailed in the Congress Program) at least 4 hours before the presentation. The use of personal laptops for the presentation is not permitted.
1. Presentation time: 5 minutes (in English).
2. Presentation: A Virtual Poster Exhibition Area will be arranged from the first day of the congress. The use of the official poster template will be optional (templates will soon be made available on the website).
3. The submitted poster shall be in PowerPoint Presentation format, with the following dimensions: 50.8 cms. tall x 28.58 cms. wide. These specifications shall be followed carefully, as those not adjusted to them may be rejected. The poster cannot exceed 10 Megabytes.
4. Once the abstract is accepted by the Committee, the guidelines to create the poster as well as for its uploading to the website will be published in the Scientific Area on the Congress Website http://www.icn2017.com/index.php?seccion=scientificArea (tab “Virtual e-Poster Exhibition Area”).
5. Virtual posters shall be displayed on Touch Screens located in the Virtual Poster Exhibition Area.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED